Health is a precious commodity and what you eat has a vast influence on health and vitality. Traditional food does give you nutrients but vitality is another thing. You get vitality when you consume fresh fruits and vegetables due to their unique combination of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and enzymes. In combination these have a tonic effect on the system. Juices detoxify, rejuvenate and restore a variety of bodily functions to make you feel vitally alive and energetic. According to doctors and medical research teams, a raw fruit is better than juice because when you prepare the juice from fruits, it will extract fiber. But due to taste, people are more intended to have fruit juice. In this regards you can prepare some fruit juice with a cold press juicer, and it can provide you minerals, fiber and iron from the fruits, and you can also make the juice within few minutes only.
Healthiest Benefits of Fruit Juice
The best way to get all the goodness of fruits and vegetables is not by buying bottled juices but by preparing juice at home when required. This is best achieved with the use of cold press juicers instead of centrifugal juicers or high speed grinder-mixers. You get the pure juice with all the nutrients well preserved when you use cold press method to extract juices.
- According to a medical research it has been showed that temperatures higher than 50 deg. C can damage or destroy vitamins and enzymes in juices, thus negating their benefits. Centrifugal juicers and high speed mixer-grinders generate heat that can destroy vital phytonutrients and enzymes in fruits and vegetables.
- One may not find it easy to much through a heap of carrots and beetroots but gulping down a glass of juice is easy. Cold pressed juice contains all the nutrients and when it is fresh, it is so much the better.
- These days you can easily buy cold press juicers for use in homes that work at a low speed and do not generate heat. These equipments are not only becoming increasingly popular in homes but also in restaurants, fast food joints and hotels as awareness of health benefits of cold pressed juice increases.
What are the Benefits of a Cold Press Juicer?
- You save money. Bottled cold pressed juices are expensive and must be used before the expiry date.
- If you buy one of these equipments for use at home you can also use them as food processors and prepare a variety of drinks using ingredients of your choice. These equipments produce less noise in comparison to motorized food processors.
- You can extract more juice in comparison to centrifugal types. Centrifugal types work by using blades running at high RPM to shred material and the process generates heat. Cold juicers extract juice by exerting pressure on fruit or vegetables and do not generate heat, thus preserving nutritional value.
- It is also easier to clean these machines under running water with the help of a brush.
- You have the choice of a motorized juicer or a hand operated one.
- Cold press juicers deliver only the juice with enzymes, minerals and vitamins. These are absorbed faster. Vegetables and fruits run in a blender have fiber mixed in and it can take 2 to 3 hours for the body to absorb nutrients from a smoothie.
Pressure is important to extract maximum juice so a powerful motor is important. The equipment must also be made of sturdy materials with solid construction in order to withstand the higher pressure. How easy it is to clean afterwards is also a deciding factor.